Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 8 - Intuition II: Place Changes

I watched the sun set. I saw the light change. I sat in a slightly different spot than usual, on a boulder instead of the ground. Less dirt. The wild grass is taller and no longer dead, rather, it's greener and less brown, I don't think it ever really dies... Pretty soon I'm not going to be able to sit there at night anymore because the temperature is getting warmer. I say that because the snakes come out and I really hate snakes. Like really really. But yeah, it's getting warmer and things are coming alive. There was only a little wind today so no dust was kicked up and the rustling of the trees and bushes was inaudible and invisible. The boulder on which I sat was pock marked at the frequency of a golf ball but in nowhere near as smooth or as perfect a pattern, which I think actually makes it more perfect. It's smooth and rough at the same time because it's not lumpy but it's not soft. The little trail I created for myself to get here is clearer now, easier to see. The ants are still around and thank god I've yet to see any spiders though I'm sure they're here too. There's less traffic that I can hear tonight, but more people nearby. I hear their footsteps and occasionally parts of their conversations when their voices echo properly. It's kinda cool, how the sound carries away from houses and electrical hums.

No comments: