Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 1 Introspection I - Paul Auster

"Why Write" was full of seemingly impossible occurrences that made it extremely interesting, though the fact that clearly, they are possible, would render the term improbable more appropriate. While I definitely agree that it is important to always have a pen on you - and most of the time I do - I have the bad habit of not using it. Yes, I will write when inspiration strikes, but rarely do I remember to write down the things that I see everyday. I am rather closed off in the sense that I am constantly looking for specific types of inspiration or that I am only consciously aware of situations that somehow apply to me or to a story I'm working on. And those times when i do feel like I should write something down, I often either get distracted before I can or just let myself get lazy and put it off until it is no longer accessible in my mind.

No comments: