Monday, March 7, 2011

Week 7 Intuition I - Limbering

My mind tends to wander at the most inappropriate times. For example: when I'm trying to sleep or when I'm trying to write a paper that actually matters. If I want to escape, if I want to daydream, I usually just kind of recede into myself and start thinking of stories in my head. If I try and keep to a specific train of though it almost always diverges into something different and that's when I reach the state of daydreaming. Sometimes listening to music helps me day dream but more often than not it's reading that does it. My mind tends to feel the need to wander every five minutes so trying to focus on something for longer than that invokes a push-pull between my conscious and subconscious which tends to result in my eyes rereading the same paragraph repeatedly while my mind tells me a completely different story.

No comments: