Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 8 - Intuition II: Music and Creativity

I took my love and I took it down, looking all around when I'm lost and I should be found, offer you, all of my love, please take it, take me, look at who we are, what have we become, I was scared so I ran away, pushed you back 'cause I couldn't say, that I love you, well I do, It's all i want to do...

I had Stevie Nicks' "Landslide" stuck in my head so I wrote a rap to go over the guitar solo. I couldn't turn off my conscious thinking during that exercise and kept thinking about what I wanted to do for my animation final since I keep changing my mind. At the time I was thinking of remixing or sampling a song, writing a rap over part of it, and then doing a hybrid animation/live action music video for it. "Landslide" would be angsty. I actually wrote out all of the lyrics to the song as well prior to writing the rap and sang it to myself quietly over and over while trying to figure out what to include.

No comments: