Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 1 Introspection I: Reading

I feel that I too was predisposed to be in the film industry because my fascination with recording and editing became extremely evident when I was about 7. My sister had a "hollywood" themed birthday party one year and invited all of her friends over and they basically filmed the entire party and at some point I got ahold of the camera and was pretty much as smitten with a piece of technology as someone could be. I didn't get into the editing side of things until I was 11 and I discovered windows movie maker on my computer. A couple months later and I was buying the basic version of Sony Vegas Movie Studio and a few years later I had FCE in my hot little hands. Making Movies and editing them was just something I found and loved. I didn't take a class or have any type of instruction in how to do it until I attended a 2 week crash course at Chapman University the summer before my senior year in high school and that was when I realized that my inclination towards a film career was more of an "I am going to study film, no ifs ands or buts" kind of thing.

No comments: