Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 5 Inquiry II - Place Changes

I went at night again. I think someone was having drag races with their friends or casing a house nearby or something because I kept hearing the same car go by over and over. I am so familiar with the sound of the motor now that I could probably recognize the car on the street if it drove by even though I never saw it. It's still cold but not as cold as the last time. The silhouettes of the shrubbery are cool. Both wiry and kinda fluffy looking at the same time. There are still ants, though from what I can tell there are fewer than last time. Are ants nocturnal? It smells like pine. Very strongly of pine. I moved to one of the nearest trees and briefly contemplated stealing some sap in order to describe the feeling but I really can't stand how sticky it is and how hard it is to get off. So I just stared at the little oozing spot in the dark. I really want to see an animal. I hear things from time to time, like rustling but I'm pretty sure it's just the wind.

No comments: