Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Week 4 Inquiry 1 - Raw Material to Story

I have a few entries about tumblr and what goes on there so I think I'd do a story about that. Perhaps about someone who's obsession with the internet distorts their reality in such a way that real life now exists online and what's around them is immaterial. I really like psychological films so it would have that kind of a feel to it. The main character would be a college female whose interest in online blogs etc starts out as innocent curiosity. I think it would first effect her personality in a very noticeable way which would garner the attention of her friends and it would only escalate from there. It's a transformation story I guess and it would result in the girl seeming to make a full recovery but with the implication that she can never really escape the reality she's created for herself and that she's (open to interpretation) either blessed or cursed to live her life in a dream.

No comments: