Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Week 3 Introspection: Place Changes

I can hear more today. The wind through the branches behind me, the traffic on the nearest street. Why are there so many different sizes of ants? I mean really... Some are so small and others are big yet they intermingle, kind of like humans in that sense. We're different shapes and sizes and colors but we're all people. They're all ants. I didn't see the smaller ones last time. It was dark, maybe that's why. Kids are afraid of the dark right? the little ones? Is it too much of a stretch to compare little ants to little children? I don't think so. It's a little more... well, I can't tell if things look more dead or more alive but the tone seems to have changed. It looks... I feel like I can see the cold in the flora. Like, I can more than feel it, I can actually see the temperature reflected in the shrubs and trees. Things look hard and drawn back. Like when it's warmer out things seem more inviting or something like that. The dirt feels more coarse too. God I hate dirt. I know I'm not supposed to have technology out here or whatever but for the purpose of observing change my cell reception is still the same. I don't think that's really relevant though.

No comments: