Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week 2 Introspection II: Roots

I remember feeling a lot less self conscious as a child. Like, I didn't care what people thought about what I was doing or why. Now, I just feel kinda stupid. I mean, I understand it, the appeal for a child, but it's still slightly awkward. I think I was more proud of myself as a child, more proud of the way my mind worked. I'd think of these awesome scenarios for my kooshlings and be all " I bet no one else has these kind of adventures." but now It's like... ooookaaaayyy... I think that stems from innocence. As children we're encouraged to be creative without restraint but as we get older society starts trying to make us conform and we lose that innocence and that freedom. We know we're going to be judged and we expect it. As kids we expect praise and encouragement. As adults we expect criticism and critique.

No comments: