Friday, November 7, 2008

Little Dude!

So today I decided to have lunch in Forsyth Park. I walked over to Parker's got myself a Panini and Naked Green Machine and headed down to Forsyth. I found a bench under a tree where a little bit of sun still came through and unwrapped my sandwich. Not two seconds later I see this cute little squirrel staring at me from across the path. He stands and sniffs the air and then looks at me curiously. I'd look away and he'd hop towards me but when i'd look back he'd freeze where he was. We played this Red light/Green light game for a few minutes before he had come all the way over to my bench. He was very cute and I'm sorry the picture I took didn't turn out better. Anyway, He started circling the bench I was sitting on waiting for me to drop something. I laughed and said, "What little dude? You want some sandwich?" I extended it towards him and he crept a little closer. I told him he couldn't have the whole thing and tore off a piece of bread for him. I dropped on the ground and he hopped over and ate it then stared at me like he was waiting for more. Apparently another squirrel must have seen what happened because suddenly little dude booked it behind me and chased another squirrel away. He then returned and sat at my feet patiently awaiting more food. I gave him a couple more pieces of bread then bid him adieu for the afternoon. I think we'll do lunch again real soon. :)

No comments: