Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Questions anyone?

I am in serious need of inspiration. I sit down everyday, take out my notebook and a good quality flowing-ink pen and stare at the pages. Nothing comes out. Nothing! I have completely lost my muse, well I guess not entirely, I'm still writing music on a daily basis, but still! Do you wanna be my writing muse? I need one, like seriously. The other day I was sitting in my truck eating ice cream with a friend, talking and I kept getting inspired to write, but could I write then? No. Did I write notes for myself so I could write about it later? yes. Could I write about it later? No! it wasn't funny any more, or interesting. You see, some things are only interesting or funny in the moment, unless you are very good at making it seem like "the moment" long after the moment is over. Does that make sense? Well, bottom line is: I'm not sure what to do. I could pull a poem out of a place I probably shouldn't or transfer some of my weird but workable song lyrics on to paper, but that just doesn't quite do it for me. I get excited and spazzy when I write. Recopying and writing from my ass doesn't make me excited or spazzy. Oh well, here goes nothing!


Oh the Times I've Wasted

Do you remember when you ran down my street topless in the middle of the night?
Do remember what that felt like?
I don't, but maybe that's because I just sat on my porch and waited for you to come back.

Do you remember the time you caught air on the hill on Alameda?
Do you remember how scared you were when you saw the sparks?
I don't, but maybe that's because I've only heard the stories.

Do you remember the time you snuck off campus for half the day?
Do you remember almost getting caught when you came back?
I don't, but maybe that's because I was watching you through the classroom window.

Do you remember how it felt to say "I love you"?
Do you remember if you meant it?
I don't, but maybe that's because I've never had the courage to say it.

Do you remember the time I said "Fuck it"?
Do you remember the time I threw the rules out the window?
I do, it's everyday from now on.

No comments: