Friday, May 13, 2011

Week 12: Interaction III - Reading

I think that any creative endeavor always carries with it a deeper meaning. What you write into a script or in a book is what you want people to see, but what you don't write is what's far more magical. When you write a film you have no idea what kind of chemistry your actors are going to have or how they're going to interpret your characters and no matter what story you've written the story that develops on the screen will be far more meaningful because of it. One film that really lingered with me was the film "W delta Z" or "The killing gene". I chose to watch it because I liked the actors involved with the project and what I thought was going to be a standard horror/suspense film ended up being extremely psychological and stimulating. It struck a chord not with what was on the surface but with the meaning beyond the dialogue and the visuals. The unspoken is really what makes a film.

No comments: