Wednesday, May 4, 2011

1. I want to make films because it's what I love. I first picked up a camera when my sister had a film themed birthday party and I absolutely loved it. When i found an editing program on my computer when i was in middle school I fell in love with the idea of cutting and manipulating images and sound to create new dynamics and new feelings. I taught myself how to edit and shot footage for the purpose of giving myself something to cut. It's my favorite way to tell stories and it's sometimes the easiest way for me to express myself. It's like putting together a puzzle, you know you have all the pieces, you just have to put them together the right way so you come out with a beautiful picture.

2. My plan is to move to LA and continue working with some of the talented directors, producers, and actors I've worked with in the past year or so. I've done both editing and PA work with an independent production company that is based in West Hollywood and they've expressed interest in working with me more. I plan to get pro-certified on FCP and possibly also AVID so that I am more marketable to potential new employers. I plan on continuing to build my resume whether it be with PA or editing jobs and at some point I'd like to attend stunt school as well. I'm also considering staying in Albuquerque and helping my old high school create an introductory film program though that is a very recent and undeveloped idea at this point. There are several alums from my high school who are working in the industry and we all agree the school should have a program so who knows, but I would be interested in that as well.

No comments: