Monday, February 23, 2009

Sick

The thought process is an interesting one. Oftentimes, our thoughts aren't even cohesive; jumping from one thought to the next without any specific reason. Take this process and add words to it and there my writing you will find. I tend not to write about a specific instance or item but pick something that's been on my mind and then follow that thought train wherever it takes me. Looking back I can see what I meant or how I meant it but in the moment I wrote it I wasn't planning on it sounding the way it does. I have a very strong feeling I will look back on that last sentence and wonder where my grammar went. I'm at a loss yet again. I am never at a loss for thought but at a loss of words. I have failed to negotiate how to describe my thoughts; how to describe them accurately without delving too deep into details I'm certain I don't want to reveal. And now your mind needs to remove itself from the gutter and dust itself off. Here, I'll give you a moment. You ok now? Good. 

Where was I? Oh, yes, the cohesiveness of thought. I no longer care about that. I care that some perverted video game developer in Japan released a game called Rapelay where you stalk a woman and her daughters and rape them among other things. Who is that disturbed? It makes me sick to think that people are even buying this game. The line involving video game violence has not just been crossed but completely shattered. 

You may think I am slightly contradictory in my views about violence because I love and participate in a sport most commonly known as cage-fighting, but an internationally recognized combat sport with rules and regulations and consent forms is far different. 

I'm sorry, I feel as though this has gotten dark. I'm not sure how to brighten the mood though. A joke? An anecdote maybe? Something completely embarrassing that I did? I'm not sure where to begin the bright and happy crap. Screw it, I am drawing a blank... this time on thoughts, not words. You can't have words without thoughts therefore if you're drawing a blank on thoughts you're just shit out of luck. :) Happy Monday!

No comments: