Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Chain Smoking Grandma's

I was driving home from work today when something jumped through my plane of vision. After focusing my eyes I realized it was a smoldering cigarette butt that had flown out of the Cadillac's window and onto the pavement. It came from one of those old ones, white with a blue vinyl top. The light turned green  and the traffic started moving. I was behind and to the right of this Cadillac for I'd say... about four or five major blocks. In that time, I saw three more cigarette butts fly out of that car. Now, I don't know If they were recently smoked butts, but four in four blocks is a crazy thing to see. When I finally passed the Caddy, I noticed that the woman driving was elderly. She had the big sunglasses, the overly dyed "BIG" hair, the whole to-do. The other thing she had was a joint resting delicately between her lips. Needless to say, as I drove off and left granny in the dust, I burst out laughing and have had a smile on my face ever since. 

*I never have and never will smoke. It is a personal choice and I have no problems with those that do because it is their decision to make. All that I ask is that if you do smoke, please don't do so around me. I am quite allergic and it's very possible my throat would close up on me. This event simply made me laugh and that's why I wrote about it. 

No comments: